M. Dias Branco’s investor relations website includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of its management, and on information currently available to the Company. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding M. Dias Branco’s intent, belief or current expectations or that of its directors or executive officers with respect to, but not limited to:
- sudden and unexpected changes in the price of the Company’s raw materials and packaging materials in the international and Brazilian markets;
- suspension, cancellation, or non-renewal of the Brazilian federal and state tax incentives to which M. Dias Branco is currently entitled;
- failure to fully implement its business strategies;
- the Company’s ability to successfully compete and manage its business in the future;
- M. Dias Branco’s ability to obtain additional financing and execute its expansion plan and to implement its strategies satisfactorily, including its ability to consummate potential acquisitions and integrate acquired businesses with the rest of its operations;
- The Company’s ability to maintain a sales network that is highly fragmented in order to avoid dependence on a single client or on large supermarket chains;
- changes to general economic, business and political conditions in Brazil, such as economic growth rates, and fluctuations in inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, taxes, import tariffs and regulations;
- changes to laws and regulations applicable to the food industry;
- conditions of transportation infrastructure and logistics in Brazil;
- other factors or trends affecting the Company’s financial condition or results of operations and the ones discussed under the section Risk Factors; and
- other statements contained in this website regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Investors should understand that the above-mentioned factors, in addition to others discussed in this investor relations website, among others, could affect M. Dias Branco’s future results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements made in this website or files herein posted.
Forward-looking statements also include information concerning the Company’s possible or assumed future results of operations set forth under several sections in this investor relations website, as well as statements preceded by, followed by, or that include the words ‘‘believes,’’ ‘‘may,’’ ‘‘continues,’’ ‘‘expects,’’ ‘‘anticipates,’’ ‘‘intends,’’ ‘‘plans,’’ ‘‘estimates’’ or similar expressions.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of performance. They involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions because they relate to future events and therefore depend on circumstances that may or may not occur. M. Dias Branco’s future business, financial condition, results of operations, prospects, strategies, market share and shareholder values may differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by these forward-looking statements. Many of the factors that will determine these results and values are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict.
Investors are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements.